Sunday, August 8, 2010

the first cut is the deepest cut


Well, it was the last piece of crown molding. I put it in place, went to adjust it, and then it slipped. Before I could react, it hit me. I knew instantly that I was cut and that my teeth went through my lip. I ran to the bathroom to check it out. Yep, confirmed. I was bleeding and a little bit in shocked. Dad was there and I was like "I have to go to the emergency room." He tried calming me down, but ultimately, I knew what I had to do. So we drove to Urgent Care Clinic in Hewitt. Thankfully they accepted my insurance and with my co-pay, got me to see the doctor. He looked at it and determined that my teeth did not go all the way through my lip, but just pierced the outside enough to where it was a deep cut. So for the first time in 26 years (I'm 31 btw), I had to get stitches in my lower lip/chin area. So two hours and five stitches later, we got back home and I looked at dad and said "Let's get that last piece of crown molding up." And so we did and now the project is over. It was an expensive weekend, but my dining room looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment